Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I've been out too the Lagoons in years and what a mess. I fished that damn where Lagoon #5 and #6 meet up. One side was a mat of that cloverish looking weed. I Stayed there till about 8:30 getting no bites. I then moved over to the Tower Road bridge dam and caught 1 LM Bass that was about 12 or 13 inches on a bumble bee twist 5" Yum Dinger rigged wacky style.

Atleast I didn't get the skunk.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
One fish is better than none; thanks for the report.

I still think we should all wipe the dust off our small crafts (canoes, johns, ect.) and have a lagoon outing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Islandfisher said:
One fish is better than none; thanks for the report.

I still think we should all wipe the dust off our small crafts (canoes, johns, ect.) and have a lagoon outing.
Yeah, the lagoons are much better in any type of small craft. Not much walkable shoreline.

·
Registered
345 Posts
jims right theres tons of shoreline that produces great during the spring before the weeds set in. For the dam, the bite is usually pretty good from a bout 5am till about 7, then it dies off pretty quick. I usually do pretty good by tossing a senko at the weedlines, towards the shore and the weeds further out.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
PK,

I think you did awesome! I know Skokie Lagoons put out some nice fish, but you really don't get quantity there. I would kill to have one fish there on every trip. I can't count the number of times I've been skunked there.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fishthoughts said:
PK,

I think you did awesome! I know Skokie Lagoons put out some nice fish, but you really don't get quantity there. I would kill to have one fish there on every trip. I can't count the number of times I've been skunked there.

Thanks for the report.
Thanks Fishthoughts, you know I switched over to a wacky rig just because I was just about to leave and really didn't care at that point. Same thing happened with me last Sunday when I caught my 4.5-4.75 bass on a rattlin' rap. Just goes to show that throwing a different bait or a change presentation can really pay off.

Jim and Danno,

Yeah I know.... there is a lot of fishable areas at the lagoons, but I'd say there is probably more square footage of unfishable shoreline than that where you can get in and make a full cast. I've personally had more luck at the lagoons in a canoe or raft, just because of the spots I could cast to from the small craft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.