Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by around 7PM last night to check out the action at the dike by Lagoon 6 and 7. It was muggy and full of mosquitos.

To make matters more pleasant, I was greeted by this:

I saw this happening on Lagoon 6 the last time I was here. It appears they swapped. What drives this?

I fished Lagoon 6 for a few bites, but I suspect they were not the right kind. I tried Lagoon 7 using a large buzzbait and texas rigged worm.

Do any of you fish this? Do fish move away from this?

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's the exact spot I fished on Wednesday morning. There where many fish hitting the surface through those weeds at about 8AM. But I do not know if they were bass or not. I tried a weedless frog and pulled it through there a few times, but did not get any strikes and got pretty sick of pulling that crap off the lure.

I had more luck over by Tower rd.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thats weird how they swapped like that. All the weeds used to be below the damn on lagoon 5. Looks like maybe lagoon 5 got higher than 6 for a bit.
Went there this morning and the Mosquitos just swarmed up around me! Normally there not that bad and I can get away with out deet..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.