Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time fishing Opeka for bass and I got skunked. I was on the south shore and was casting into the wind, figuring the baitfish would get pushed to that end of the lake. All I got for my efforts was a bunch of bird's nests and a big skunko. I'm gonna try taking a rowboat out next time. I've heard the shore fishing is decent at times for bass, but is much better for cats.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Where is Topwater. He was posting Opeka reports almost daily and now he's stopped.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His profile says he's a student, so maybe it's back to school for him. I got a lot of good tips from his previous posts and haven't tried a lot of spots there. It's off to the DP River tonight. My buddy's coming here from Kenosha for pike fishing in the DP because one of his co-workers was raving about the 30" he caught. Full aerial show too from what I heard. If we have any luck tonight, I'll post with pics. My wife finally found our digital, which was in her car, which she swore she checked :mrgreen:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey, I've been in the northwoods the last week catching tons of small LMB, northern pike and a few dogfish(see pic). I'll post pics and more later. Usually the southern shore with a north/northeast wind at OPeka is very productive. But they seem to have shut down a bit since mid-july. Give the weather a chance to break a bit cooler and it will liven up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts