Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Landed at O'Hare at 6:20PM and the lanes that merge to the Kennedy were backed up beyond River Road exits. I immediately got off and headed to Axehead to try my luck.

Because of my past experiences with the Chiggers and/or Itch Mites at Axehead, I decided to change from my business suit to shorts. This way, I figured I can spray a can of deet all over my body.

Started fishing the southeastern corner and worked my way south. I tried senkos, power worms, buzzbait and a few jigs. Not one hit. It was getting dark, but I noticed how cool it was. I was convinced that there were some bass still lurking, so I headed back to where I started. I changed to a large buzzbait and worked the weedline. On my second cast, I noticed a boil right behind my bait. I guess maybe I was cranking too fast. I recasted my lure to the same vicinity and slowed it down just a tad bit. Sure enough, fish on! It was a small LMB - maybe 10". After a quick release, I started working another angle. Several casts later, I had another one on the line, but it came off after a few seconds. It was really getting dark at this point, so I decided to call it a day.

The water line is still high, but the new stone pads are exposed and dry. The sun is setting earlier and that reminds me of the miserable winter ahead. I'm taking every opportunity to fish!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I do Axehead allot, I have never caught anything on anything else but plastics. Out of frustration I've tried just about everything there, but I always pull 'em out on plastic senkos or helgies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.