Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it was such a nice afternoon I decided to give Lake Opeka a try after lunch. 8) Fished the east side of the lake for about a half hour before heading back to the office. On my first cast nailed a 5# + LM on a 1oz white terminator spinner bait. Didnt have my scale or tape measure but in my opinion it was over 5+#'s and over 20 inchs. You can compare it to my 5'11"- 220lbs frame. Luckly a nice man that was walking by was nice enough to take a pic for me. Not bad for a half hour of fishing on my lunch break. Now I am a true beliver that there some hawgs in there. By far Biggest Bass of the year for me :D

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do? ... =RETRIEVED

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
nice fish! i fish that lake 5 days a week and never got a bass that big on the public side! :wink: keep trying theres bigger in there and ive caught them. check out my other two forums of my bass and pics. once again congrats!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Oh, great...now everybody and there mother wants to hit up Opeka :x Didn't believe ol' Topwater did you guys, but now the truth is out and its looking a lot more attractive :p

Nonresident passes are ridiculous, something like $50 a year I think. Resident is $15-20 a year. Boat launch is $10 a pop or $45 a season (which is over this weekend, except for weekends through Sept. but only after 11 am).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
horn13 said:
Niiiiishhhhe Fish!

I may go the extra couple of minute to Opeka instead of Axehead tomorrow morning.

Do you have to pay a fee?
There is a fee but I havent paid it. I been fishing Lake Opeka for the last 4 years on my lunch break and have been chased out once.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.