Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up the private pond I had luck at last Sunday and again I caught bigger fish here than any of the places I hit during the week. There was a nice surprise today. One of the smaller ponds in front of the office buildings was over flowing through a little drainage pipe because of all the rain last night, but because we had so much rain the overflow was too much for just the pipe and the water from the parking lot retention ponds was pouring over a bank in one of the four corners of the main lake. This was like something you would see on T.V. A stream pouring into a main lake, a lake that has been hot and still for the past week. I took 4 casts and caught 4 bass. Oddly enough that was it for the rest of the day. I could only imagine how much better it would have been had I gotten their earlier before the sun broke through clouds and the heat showed up. I caught all 4 on strike king spinnerbait. I stopped off at a public park on the way home and caught my first bass on a 5 inch Yum Dinger. It was a dink, but a bass nonetheless.

Nothing massive, but they were big enough to fight back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.