Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to grove at 2 till 4 with only one sm within the first 5 minutes. Sucks but yeah anyways if you go by the pier by the south beach you can see carp there 30 plus pounds. Catfish 10 plus pounds. And bass 5 plus pounds and the bluegill are huge. Some kids were throwing big pieces of bread today in the water there and these carp would just gulp it right up. It was great. Does anyone know where the best spot for catfish in this lake is and what bait to use. I went back by the sunken logs today and it was calm there on a boat but every where else it was to windy for a boat. So I think shore fishing would be Bette. Any help would be greatly appreciatefd

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hey is this a lake in Lake County? Do they charge admission...I heard it was like 10 bucks for out of county residents?

Thanks.

JB

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes, Independence Grove is in Lake County and they do charge a $10 entrance fee for all non-Lake County residents.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Independence Grove is a Lake County Forest Preserve lake located on Milwaukee and Buckley (rt 137) in Libertyville, IL. Admission is always free for Lake County residents. Non-residents are charges $5.00 on weekdays and $10.00 on weekends and holidays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.