Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There hasn't been any report lately so I thought I'd do you all a favor and headed out there for couple hours around 6 yesterday evening There was only a few people fishing which was surprising. I first worked the SE end then S then the N finger. I tried senko, cranks & Storm curl tailed and got skunked. I had 2 hits on senko but both about 6 feet out. I'm still learning senko. What's the proper way to set the hook? I saw one guy catching what looked like a bullhead, other than that, nada. Too much weed closer to the shore which made it very tough for a artificial bait newbie like myself. Last year I caught lots of gills and dink bass there using nightcrawler on a bobber. I think I'll stick with livebaits from now on whenever I go there.

Wind was blowing toward E so the SE side was very murky green.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
one tip id give for the senkos is to fish near the shore. I see alot of beginner fishermen who think the big fish are far out. I catch most (90%) of my bass within 4 feet of the shore. I catch some big ones only like 6 inches to a foot out :shock:

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I keep saying i'm going to fish Lake Arlington and have yet to this season. Perhaps Friday evening will be time to go.

Keep using that Senko and work the weed pockets and weed edges. When you feel the taps, give it a second and set the hook!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.