Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
mplant1 said:
i also saw the you tube vid of this catch. i cringed even more
Agreed mplant, just watched it. That is some serious fish fighting and handling no-no.

·
Registered
369 Posts
that guy is a total dumbass. there's no way that fish is alive. first he fought it for like three minutes instead of just landing it. then he drags it across the ground and steps on it. what a stupid piece of crap. stuff like that pisses me off just as much as people keeping fish.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Look we need to relax here. You dont know what he did with the fish for sure so we have to just keep it as that. I mean come on man it may have been the biggest fish of his life that he cought who wouldnt be excited as he was. THem fish can take a beating man. Look at them surviving in the DPR. We need to just say congrats to that guy for bringing in that fish. 6lb test line excellent job man dont let anyone get to you on that.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
man, just watched the vid. what is the rationale to not landing the fish sooner? seemed unecessary. kind of unsettling referring to the fish as a b*tch ass too. hopefully it survived.

B

·
Registered
369 Posts
the truth is pike are a very fragile fish and they cannot take a beating. if you really look into handling pike you'll find they are very fragile and many do die after realease if not handled correctly.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
BigRick said:
Also, wonder why he didn't include footage of the release on his youtube video???
because the fish probably died. he fought it for way too long, it was gut hooked, was not properly handled, and probably bled to death. and i'm not buying the 6# test line statement. he was fishing with big chubs for pike. if you were able to see his other pics, you would've seen his bank set up - a bunch of rods on rod holders. typical meat hunter setup

·
Registered
414 Posts
I disagree to pike being fragile fish. Man when I catch a pike and net it. It shakes like a mainiac and gets all tangled in the net. I know this has happend to everyone. You can have a pike out of the water for 10 min trying to un hook it becaue it swallowed the lure. Then release it and it will still swim away. The revival technique works amazing with pike. If you want to look at a fragile fish I would say yes any large fish would be fragile becasue it has seen its days. I know he did not show release footage but we are all human we just need to say what ever to the situation. We dont know what anyone does with there fish. We just have to take the word for it thats all. We are all fisherman. There are some nasty ones and some clean ones. But thats a part of fishing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.