Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was there for my first Friday. So far it has been my favorite lake I have fished at. That's a nice bass. I fish 8 to 5 Friday and got 1 bass. I can't wait till I can get back out there. Hopefully the next time will be better for both of us. What part of the lake did you guys fish the most?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
senkos seem to be a popular bait of choice at deep. i use a weed guard on my senko hooks. i've also learned that circle hooks with a senko will help with the amount of weeds at that lake. good luck

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Deep Lake is a killer lake in the summer....nice job.

Looks like you guys are ready for the tourny next week :lol:

Come on out and give it a try. Just a bunch of regular
guys fishing Deep for a few bucks.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i was there from 6am to about 1pm. it was a small tournament from what i've gathered. most everybody was fishing for panfish. seemed like over 100lbs of crappies/bluegills ended up in the freezer after it was all said and done. didn't see many bass being weighed in (PHEW!!).

fish turned on in the afternoon as soon as the clouds rolled in.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yup, that was me with the carrot stix. caught half a dozen or so. biggest was probably 18-19". i don't know if the bass i saw at the docks was the same one your referring to, but it looked to be around 3-4 lbs. hope it was released!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was there on Saturday for a few hours 1-3:30 or so. Hit some really big bass in the thick weeds finding any hole to pitch into with a green senko. The weather seemed to really help. Went on Sunday afternoon and got the skunk, sun was high and the pattern had changed. Only fish caught there this year have been on senkos, no rattlers or cranks have worked for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.