Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday I got skunked because the only fish i had jumped off the hook feet in front of me. Today, I got a little one, then lost a lot of fish in the lillies. I ran across some kids who told me they caught a 15 pound bass?
At the end I worked my way into one of the least accessible spots at IG, there were tons of reeds in the way and no path from previous fishermen. I was swimming my swimsenko on top and had a blowup. I was sure it was a pike but after a few casts I landed a nice 16 inch bass. Mosquito's drove me out, IG closed late.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They meant 15 lbs, they were just confused.
I went today and the wind was really bad. I got a really fat 16 incher right away from the stumpfield, it was a fun fight- especially with my new helium rod.
I moved 20 feet and got another 16incher that had 2 other bass swim up alongside her. This fish was on the way out, had ugly red sores all over her but I guess its natural for some fish to die this way? I casted for the others I saw and got 1 of them, a fat 14 incher.
I moved around from then on and covered most of the lake, all I got was a dink. I tried a crankbait but it got hung up with weeds almost every cast.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did you get a picture of the sick one? If you did you should send it to the DNR. That fish could have the herroraging virus that going through the Midwest now.

God i hope not cause if the virus is in that lake there will be a BIG fish kill and it would take a while to get that fishery going again.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bad new bass virus affects internal organs and makes the fish swim in circles on top as it dies. The fish I caught had none of these symptoms.
I went back today in the rain but forgot my fleece so it was cold. I got 1 missed hookset and a half hour later got a 16 incher. The weather got worse and I was cold so I left after an hour.

BTW- did anyone else see that big muskie caught out of IG :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Saw the big musky, that is awesome!

BTW, horn13, svslider hadn't even replied to this thread, yet alone had time to answer your question. Relax a little bit. :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
It's on another fishing site. Apparently the guy caught it when reeling in a 4lb bass. It was 50" long with a 23" girth. So if you want to catch big musky in IG I guess you have to use bass as bait. That sounds illegal though. :? :?

·
Registered
50 Posts
pezdek1 said:
http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55443 i monitor a few other fishing sites as well as this one (though this is the best one) :D but here's a link to the thread with the pic on chicagolandfishing.com
That must have been absolutely amazing, especially the way it was caught - wow, you think the guy needed to change his shorts afterwards?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Amazing ,did it actually get hooked or it just didnt let go of the bass :shock:

I hear about musky and pike taking walleye this is the 1st time i hear of 1 taking a bass

Outstanding catch !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.