Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out yesterday on a charter out of NP marina with Captain Tony of Diamond Ghost Charters, rockfish and his son, and a buddy of mine i work with, as well as a friend of rock's. It was a REALLY slow day out there... no boats were killing them. the radios were quiet most the morning. we ended up going 4 for 10 - 4 kings. I had a nice 15lb+ on the first fish of the day and lost him when he made a run after surfacing. I did get a nice dark 12lb'er, though, and will have the pic posted soon. I brought along a friend from work who was a virgin out there and he managed to lose 4 fish on his own, it was a learning experience for him, but for pretty much a first timer he did alright and put one in the box. i lost one, and rock's son lost one as well. A couple of those "10" weren't ever hooked though, so I guess we went around 4 for 7 or so, with 3 bump n runs... Captain Tony of DGC is definately a standup guy and knows his stuff, and I will be booking another trip with him in the future!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the 12lb'er from Saturday morning, pic was taken about 4 hours after puttin him in the box, about 30 seconds before he got cut up and stuffed in a bag for the grill :D I actually just reserved a day for Saturday October 13th. My birthday is on the 15th and I'm goin out with my brother and 4 friends for a 6-8 hour trip for browns/lakers/kings and we'll see how it goes. Can't wait.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya it was a beautiful day to be out there, the water was calm as could be, was like glass all morning. temps weren't real hot, were in the 60's-70's all morning. definately a nice day to just be on the water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.