Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ken, if you dont mind where are you at on the FOX. its ok if you dont want to give up the secret. I fished between St. charles and Batavia this weekend. Caught one smallie on saturday and a walley on Sunday. Nothing too exciting just nice to get out.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I needed to get out fishing that morning and would have been perfectly happy catching a half dozen fish.

When I got to around 60, I was laughing out loud with every fish caught. I was also covered in fish slime and soaking wet from released fish slapping water up in my face with their tales as I let them go.

Ingrates.

nselle, I have no secret spots. Well, ok, maybe a couple.

I make people work for it a little.

The second line of the report tells you exactly where I am. Now, you have to find a site that has aerial photos and do some exploring online. At high water you can't wade across the river, so if you look at the aerial photo you might be able to figure out where I parked.

I also know in past reports I've mentioned where I park.

Good fishermen do their research. :wink: :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Thanks for the report Ken. Your post inspired me to take a look back through your blog to find your hints then check Google Earth. I think I may have found it, but crossing over to that spot looks like it is not for the weak of heart. Kind of reminds me of a scene from Stand by Me :wink:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nsselle,
Sorry about that, you'll get used to my sense of humor.

I DO NOT recommend running over the railroad tracks.

Not that I haven't done it, but I know the train schedule. Those same tracks run a couple of hundred feet from my house in Yorkville, so I time it.

West side, a little north.

Bit of a hike, but it's an easy hike.

Largest caught was 17 inches. A good number were in the 12 to 16 range and the rest all under 12.

When they're hitting like that, I don't pay attention to the size. I'm just glad to be there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks Fopoil!! I guess i didnt post it right.

I was just joking with you i kinda know where your talking about, anyway I just move out to Glen Ellyn and just started fishing the fox. Its been fun so far and I am looking forward to getting a pair of waders.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice report Ken......glad to see that you're getting out and tearing them up. Looks like this weekend could be a good one to wade. I think I'm going to take your advice and head on out to Apple River Canyon. Hopefully the smallies will be in full swing there. I'll let you know.

JB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.