Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to IG this morning and fished for about 90 minutes. When I got there I fished some slop at the far south end near the fishing pier using a topwater with no success.

I then went to the north pool and fished some slop there, again without any luck. Then I fished an area that I have had success before near the bridge. I tried buzzbaits and lipless cranks and although I had a follower on the crank, I couldn't get anything to bite.

I then went to my trusty Yum Dinger and on the second cast caught this 14 incher. I was fishing outside the weed edge.

I caught another smaller guy and lost 3 others in the weeds. I should have just used the Dingers in the first place.

There were a number of other people fishing mostly by the piers.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report Doc!

Senkos and Dingers catch often can catch you more fish. But I feel that it is more fun trying new and different stuff. At least you didn't get the skunk.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
U never know unless u try different things Doc

Glad the trusty dingers got u a couple to break the skunk :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice fish Doc!!!

coyote said:
At least you wernt skunked Doc. Hey would you know the best way to get there from Algonguin area, this place is has got me really interested in taking a look at.
Coyote just take 176 all the way down past bangs to Miwaukee 21 make a left to Peterson and make a right. IG is on the left side. I make it from me in 35min.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Trick Worms. I have been having more luck with the Yum Dingers lately. Earlier in the year, the Trick worms were the ticket. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.