Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the older model of the Shimano Citica and it works great. I actually use it for frog fishing and jigs.
Great real. I was actually thinking on getting me the newer model.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I picked up a citica this winter and love it!! I throw only shimano baitcasters, and used to use my old citica. This years model of the citica is really nice. Very smooth casting, and it seems like shimano keeps making greater and greater models every year.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I am not a big fan of the Revo S as it has no Magnet adjuster, But the Revo SX is a great reel. :wink: If you do go with the Revo S, you can take of the side case and adjust the magnets by moving the plastic tabs up or down. Plus the SX is a 7:1 ratio as the S is a 6:4 ratio. You might be better off waiting and saving up and spending a few extra bucks and getting the SX as it has magnets that are adjustable. The Daiwa Viento is a great reel for the price and has the twitch-bar, But beware as the twitch bar will break over-time. I also just bought the cheap Mega-force from Daiwa and I hate it! well I guess that's what you get for 70 bucks. The reel already broke on it's 3rd time out! :lol: :lol: :lol: I only bought it since it has magnets and is a 7:1 gear ratio. I took the reel apart and am going to rebuild it. Just need to get to ace hardware for a C-clip that fell out... :eek:

This is just my opinion on my experience with these reels, Some may say otherwise :wink:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
BTW, The Citica is a 6:2 gear ratio wich is way low. You will be burning your hand on the retrieve with cranks and spinnerbaits just to get that bait at a nice speed. As well as when you hook into a bass, you won't be able to always get him in fast enough to get him outta some logs and trees if fishing slop and such. :wink:

Just my opinion again... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6.2:1 and 6.4:1 are very similar and you won't be able to tell the difference. I have both a Revo SX 6.4:1 and a Revo SX 7.1:1. Guess which one gets used more? I just prefer the burner reel better, but the slower model is a more versatile ratio. Either way, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
BigRick said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
BTW, The Citica is a 6:2 gear ratio wich is way low.
The gear ratio for the 2009 Citica is 6.2:1 which, as far as I know, means 6.2 spool revolutions with 1 full handle rotation, not 6 spool revolutions for every two turns of the handle. Revo S, similarly, is 6.4:1.
My bad, 6.2:1 I should have said. I always type it different, but I am sure you know what I meant when you read it... I am sure you can't notice the difference from the 6.2 to the 6.4 but the 7.1 is always my favorite and you can tell the difference on the 7.1 to the 6.4 :wink: Good luck with what ya chose, stay away from the mega-force tho :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.