Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since most of you guys are out fishing the rivers and wwd and all and I dont drive i decided to get out and take my new camera into a tiny piece of woods near my house. got some cool pics i hope you enjoy.

this hawk was really neat, i chased him around for quite some time. any idea of what kind of hawk it is...

this is awesome! right at take off

then i found him about 15 minutes at a nest... looks like he was trying to find some food...

and then a couple of steps later... still looking in

a train that i thought would be a cool picture.

lastly, a lonely dove on a tree stick,

thanks for looking. any ideas on the hawk? besides a big white one? :lol:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Aewsome pics , definitly a red tail they are everywhere right now. I too take time off from fishin and head to area forest preserves .Have some good footage of a hawk taking a small animal . Heres a pic from a couple of years ago of a cool coyote.

553 Posts
Wow :shock: :eek: , as you said that is a pretty awesome picture of a cool coyote. :wink: Well done. :)

*I remember one time I was fishing at Belleau very early in the morning, and a few feet behind me a coyote popped out of the bushes/brush and I was scared as hell. :? :oops: 8) It was right around that time when I think someone got bit by one and they were saying on the news to watch out and if you were going outside to carry something that makes a loud noise. Eventually he looked at me a few times, smelled around, and went on his way.* :? :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I was walking my dog when she was a puppy, one of those hawks was getting into the pose ready to attack but since I was there it didn't do anything.

My dog's a jack russel terrier so she was pretty small at 8 months old.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Cool looking pics Kid. that hawk looks sweet especially when it was about to take off.

Coyote,

How close were you to the coyote. when you took the pic?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Legend i actually used a trail cam for that pic have acouple others from other coyots but i like this one. Have come upon them in the woods on 3-4 ocassions but im always a step to slow with the digital.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.