Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening, I arrived home a bit later than I had hoped, but I wanted to have dinner with my wife, so when I left the house I hoped to make it to Fish Tech to purchase a new bait. I had that feeling, just like the last couple of times, that I should get out, even for 45 minutes to an hour because I felt that I was going to have success. On top of this, I had been looking at some soft plastic baits and the Strike King Rage Space Monkey caught my eye. I decided that I needed to get a pack or two of them for this trip, so I made it to Fish Tech with 3 minutes to spare before closing. I purchased two packs, one in Green Pumpkin, and one in Bama Bug. I rigged the Green Pumpkin on a 3/0 Gamakatsu EWG, with a 1/8 oz bullet weight, and used my standard bass outfit: Daiwa Fuego 100HS, Daiwa Cielo MHF 7'2", 15lb Seagur InvizX Fluoro.

I arrived at The Glen at 7:30, and met up with Culprit and Let it go. We talked and I threw my new bait in the south pool, then I headed for the long pier. Within five casts I had a nice fish on. When I landed him, he measured out at 16" and weighed 2.09 lbs. He put up a good fight. I spent another 30-40 minutes on the pier. I had a couple of more hits, but no takers. I worked my way back to my car and called it a night.

crankybass

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.