Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday the 11th I had an opportunity to hunt with a bunch of great Guys.,
We went out to Creston Illinois to a place called Woodlawn Farms for a day of pheasant hunting. I own a springer spaniel that is 7 y.o. and has a bad leg so he is retired from upland hunting. I have been kicking around the idea of getting another hunting dog. A good friend, Chris Bates, got word of this and suggested that I contact a friend of his that has a started German Shorthaired Pointer and also a few GSP pups.. Chris's friend met me at the hunt club and I was able to hunt over and work the dogs for the whole day. I am very impressed and now have a decision to make !!!.. Well any way back to the hunt,, Friday we had about 26 Guys and Gals we broke into groups of 4 and headed to the fields for a morning of pheasant hunting. Around 1130 we all came back to the barn/club house for a fantastic lunch of grilled Elk burgers and venison brats and all kinds of side dishes. Just a great meal,, those burgers were out of this world.. the best tasting meat I've had in a long time !!! Well after that big ole lunch it was back to the fields for an afternoon hunt. Everyone had a great time , the weather , the company, the food could not of been better. I ended up with 7 pheasant and a decision,, which dog do I buy !!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts