Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ten total this morning at the fox as BFS lures continue to produce . After fighting a solid bass on my ultra lite baitcaster set up the knot did not hold and I lost both the fish and my 1/8 ounce rattle trap in craw color . Since I was wading I headed back to shore to retire abd out on a 1/8 rooster tail . I went back to middle of river and nailed a dinker then 5 min later I connected with the fish I fought 20 min earlier as the rooster tail hook was attached to the rattle trap O ring still in fishes mouth . I got my lure back and the fish that broke off . I never experienced this before as it was unreal . Later I landed a nice 15 inch on a small spinner swimbait combo and also did well on the mule donkey plastic swimbait . Also caught a catfish on the same lure which after I lifted line broke and it escaped . A very interesting morning to say the least.
Water Grass Tree Fish Plant
Smile Fisherman Fish Fishing Ray-finned fish
Water Fish Marine biology Tail Art
Water Snout Tail Fish Ray-finned fish
Water Grass Tree Fish Plant

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd call that an Omericle.

That I'd call A tail of incredible luck
Kewl I was cat fishing years ago woke up and one of my poles got pulled into the lake pepper lake anyway i made one cast with my other rod single hook caught the first eye of the lost pole got my rod and a nice catfish

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Good story Omer.
Here’s mine. I was ice fishing Lincoln Park lagoon sometime in the early 80s. I saw a guy near me lose his dead stick rod. It got pulled in before he could reach it. About an hour later the guy next to me gets a good fish on. It was a good battle so it attracted a number of viewers. I was at the hole ready to grab the fish when it came up. As he lifted his rod ,out came the dead stick rod with my friends tiny ice jig through the last eye of the dead stick. I grabbed the dead stick and someone said “ hey that’s the rod I lost.” I gave it to him and he ended up landing a nice steelhead.

~JOE~

·
Registered
137 Posts
Amazing luck, or the world's smartest smallmouth bass?!? (What's the quickest way to get a rattle-trap out of my lip???)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good story Omer.
Here’s mine. I was ice fishing Lincoln Park lagoon sometime in the early 80s. I saw a guy near me lose his dead stick rod. It got pulled in before he could reach it. About an hour later the guy next to me gets a good fish on. It was a good battle so it attracted a number of viewers. I was at the hole ready to grab the fish when it came up. As he lifted his rod ,out came the dead stick rod with my friends tiny ice jig through the last eye of the dead stick. I grabbed the dead stick and someone said “ hey that’s the rod I lost.” I gave it to him and he ended up landing a nice steelhead.

~JOE~
Wow !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts