Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the boat in the driveway and decided to do some shorefishing the last week. With the water cooling down some it has the bass on the move again. Just for fun, I decided to keep count of the number of fish landed, as I was doing fairly well. B/W two ponds I landed 79 bass in 6 seperate trips, none more then 2 hours. 76 on buzzbaits and 3 on Yum Dingers. Size ranged from 10-18''s, with most being 14-15''. As the water cools things are going to be going good again for about the next month so get out there and give it a try :wink:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Matt, thanks for the report. It looks like a good time to get out and do some bass fishing!

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back out tonight and got 6. The first and the biggest came on a rubber, weedless spook bait which was cool. After fooling around with that I went back to a 1/2 ounce buzzbait and caught the last 5. I also missed my fair share. The mosquitos were feasting on me so I took off a little bit before I wanted too. I am off to bed to get some sleep before pre-fishing Geneva in the AM.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Good luck Matt, Go get'em

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Topwater said:
I just picked up a couple tonight, after reading all Matt's posts with buzzbaits I've gotta give em a shot!
With a username like topwater, you gotta have a few buzzbaits.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Oddly enough, I don't think I have ever hooked on a topwater! Also haven't thrown them nearly as much as anything else.....but my buzzbaits are ready to go :D

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Matt... looks like you were in "prone" position for some great bass action. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jason!!!

He is actually right about the prone position which was terminology used for shooting posture in the military

BTW-All those bass were females

........really, I swear :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts