Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how acceptable is it to fish the gold course side from shore? not at all? after hours? curious. never fished out there but planning to hit it up soon. is the public side worth fishing from shore or down by the rocks maybe? lots of pressure from the public side i'm guessing. thanks for any info.

B

·
Registered
94 Posts
pm me when you go. Ill head out with you if youd like. I live in des plaines.

Ill be gone next week starting tuesday so if you go again that week then dont bother. Post how it goes if you do

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
golf access is only accessible from a boat. Public side is pressured pretty heavily, however MOST fisherman there have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Opeka bass have always been hot on small crankbaits, it gets to easy with those which is why I never throw them. Plastic worms, senkos work everywhere. South side is mainly rocks, East side is mainly just a 3-4foot sandy bottom with not much rocks, North side gets weedy and rocky again. Good luck, it can be a tough lake but once you dial them in, its so worth it.
-Creighton

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right on. thanks for the heads up and the tips. appreciate it! I'll post my results later in the week.

B

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
fishkid said:
Opeka bass have always been hot on small crankbaits, it gets to easy with those which is why I never throw them.
A little cocky eh?

i've heard otherwise and as a matter of fact, I know your favorite lipless cranks on opeka :wink:

keep up the opeka reports. you do well there.

·
Registered
513 Posts
mplant1 said:
fishkid said:
Opeka bass have always been hot on small crankbaits, it gets to easy with those which is why I never throw them.
A little cocky eh?

i've heard otherwise and as a matter of fact, I know your favorite lipless cranks on opeka :wink:

keep up the opeka reports. you do well there kiddo.
haha, I thought the same thing as I read that.

You def know what you are doing there Kid, I don't think you could dial in any better.

Keep it up!

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
The golf course side is off-limits for the shore fisherman. There are signs and fences. Too bad because most of the best structure of the lake is on the west side of the lake. But of course, boaters can access it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
James said:
fishkid said:
however MOST fisherman there have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
Well...at least theyll never be as good as you... :roll:
Fishkid has the resume at Opeka... And photos on the board in the clubhouse to back it up... Put a tourney out there and my money would be on him... (I would finish 2nd, 5 pounds behind him) :mrgreen: - BPM

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Anyone's home body of water is going to be there best! :lol: That's the obvious deal there! James is just jealous because we're out here riding with the Elite pro's and he's at home working! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.