Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Guys,

Just wanted to start the report off with some Print as I've fallen off that as of late. I guess i assumed the videos Don't need anything added to them but then again, It still needs some getting use to. This Video i put together is Basically for The Rig I use When Carping. I've used the same rig to win Multiple Match Fishing tournaments on The River. It's the basic slip sinker rig in which you'll see in the video. Once We Arrived we Arrived just in time for the cold front :roll: This made the Fish very Tight Lipped! Especially the Carp which i promised infamous Fisherman i would put a video up for him today regarding the subject. Luckily i don't get skunked much or You'd be hearing a very different report. Although i was still a little bit discouraged, I realized the Conditions thrown at me And Feel Grateful I did end up catching what i did. Well, Enough with the Fine print here's The video guys.

Tune in Next week for LARGE MOUTH BASS

~Conditions~

Starting Temperature: 46

Ending Temperature: 33

Sky: Rainy

Wind Range: moderate ( 10-20MPH)

Wind Direction: North West

Weather trends: Cooling Considerably

Barometer: Rising

Water temp: 48

Water Color: Stained

Water Visibility: 1/2 Feet // Water was up 1 Foot

Current Conditions: Fast

Bottom Conditions: Rocky

* Georges Out Come*

Caught: 1

Lost: 0

Released: 1

*James OutCome*

Caught: 6

Lost: 0

Released: 6

Fish Health: healthy

*Equipment/Supplies*

Bait/Lure Presentation: Slow

Rod Used: Daiwa Firewolf 10'6" Lite

Reel used: pFlueger presidential 10 ball bearing

Line used: 6lb vanish

Lure/Hook:Size 12 Bronze Bait holder (Light wire)

Bait used: Jewel No Salt Whole Kernal Corn

Beverage: Gatorade Rain Lime

Snack: ---

Repellent: ---

*Season Tally*

Season Skunks: 1

Season Fish: 56

Bass: 42

Season Outings: 8

[email protected]
chicago Il.

·
Registered
139 Posts
nice vid. How long of a lead do you run from the swivel to the hook? And does it vary due to water conditions?

On a side note one problem you might be having with the Palomar is that you have to moisten the line before you tighten it or it breaks.

Not trying to tell you how to fish i just noticed you didn't wet your line in the video when you tied the knots.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i do moisten my knots. I was just trying to Get the rig done as quick as possible.

the Length to me vary's on How clear the water is, plus how fast the current is moving. If The current is moving med/fast I'll use a long leader up to 2 feet but If the Current is slow I'll cut that down to the Shortest 10". In clear water i use longer leaders and in muddy water I'll use shorter leaders Bigger presentation.

Thanks guys,

George

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Video.. Also Nice job making the Paper. That's pretty cool :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.