Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neil and I jumped on the opportunity to Fish for black crappie with the very good conditions, A lot of times you'll see in a post I'll write "the pressures high" or low. By this I'm referring to the barometric pressure which stood at 30.44 yesterday after a long day of high pressure it started to drop a little as well as have south winds South winds play a very important role in fishing this particular bridge because the wind will literally push all the phytoplankton and zoo plankton into one area in tern the Minnows will follow then allowing the predator pan fish to swarm in. Even better is we had even more structure more then the shopping carts we had Tree limbs, logs And also starting to get a few weeds! Now When I say south winds are pushing everything to one area I don't mean an hour of south winds, We started generating south winds yesterday evening Which had several hours of time to do the job. And overall we had a blast Catching crappie non-stop for hours! enjoy the video guys.

VIDEO WILL BE UPLOADED HERE SOON! WORKING ON IT~!!

~Conditions~

Temperature: 47

Sky: mostly Sunny

Wind Range: light ( 0-10MPH)

Wind Direction: South

Weather trends: Fairly stable

Barometer: Lowering 30.44

Water temp: 48

Water Color: Clear

Water Level:Slightly High

Water Visibility: 3 ft.

Current Conditions: none

Bottom Conditions: Shopping carts, Logs

* Georges Out Come*

Caught: 25

Lost: 0

Released: 25

*Neils Outcome*

Caught: 22

Lost: 0

Released: 22

Fish Health: healthy

*Equipment/Supplies*

Bait/Lure Presentation: Slow

Rod Used: St.Croix 7'0

Reel used: pFlueger presidential

Line used: 4lb Suffix

Lure/Hook: 2" BPS white Grub/ 1/32oz BPS Jigs

Bait used:---

Beverage: ---

Snack: ------

Repellent: ---

*Season Tally*

Season Skunks: 1

Season Fish: 109

Bass: 57

Season Outings: 15

Multi-Species Fisherman

[email protected]

Chicago Ill.

:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.