Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, fishing has been tough in the Fox around Aurora. But any bass I do find are aggressive.

A few days ago, bass were actively hitting topwater. A couple even batted the plopper in the air like a dolphin playing with a ball. Of all the hits, I managed to hook only 1 fish. Not huge, but it absolutely slammed the plopper in current.

Friday, my friend and I waded the Fox. Early on, I missed a nice fish on a buzzbait. Then we went sort of old school. I tied on a Road Runner 1/4 oz yellow marabou underspin. Here are photos my friend shot as I landed a very decent bass.

In keeping with the old school theme, my friend tied on a Beetle Spin and got this nice one.

I also tied on a Beetle Spin and we both got several this size (i.e., dinks, but still aggressive).

I also had something slam that same Beetle Spin and break off the tail. A fun day! Looking forward to continuing as fall approaches and the weather cools.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Great stuff!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to a different spot near Aurora today from 6 to 8 AM. Bass are really aggressive lately. No more nipping at anything on top. Instead, they're slamming it and taking it down. I caught 2 (1 on a buzzbait, 1 on a plopper). I also missed 3 (2 on a plopper and 1 on a frog). Fish just didn't tolerate anything on top. Fun times!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts