Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anglers,

This Friday I'm taking my kids out to the lakefront for the trial run of the air and water show. I usually take position near Lawrence ave. I'm totally new to fishing the lake. Any tips on where I can cast out? And what fish might be biting? And on what type of bait / rig :?: Is there anything I shouldn't do :?: I'd appreciate any help...

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
If you're taking the kids out it might be a good idea to pick up some wax worms or crawlers. With those you can easily get them set up and probably get on a variety of fish.

If you venture closer to Montrose, stop at Park Bait and get some soft shells, they can be deadly on perch. Some mini-mite jigs are good too. And if you can get some casts out of your own, throw some tube jigs, or crankbaits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason - Thanks for the info. I'm going to try waxworms and the soft shells from the baitstand. I'll probably end up on the south side of Montrose Harbor with a better view of the water and sky.

Hopefully the jets and powerboats don't scare off the fish. Stay tuned for a report...

·
Registered
15 Posts
svslider said:
im thinking of fishing then also but i think the sonic booms might freak the fish out?
Hey,enjoy the show and the fishing.It's the best of combos along the Lakefront.Relax,no jet is going close to that speed anywhere near the shoreline.there are windows in those highrises!Have been around jets a long time;including those big $$$ ones.Please disregard ,if Russia does much more with Georgia. The weather is said to be perfect for those days. Goodluck, FishermanTOM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.