Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
InfamouzFisherman said:
i never see anyone pull up catfish thats y i ask
I've caught channels and bullheads from LM before.

From Wiki:

Lake Michigan is home to a variety of species of fish and other organisms. It was originally home to lake trout, yellow perch, panfish, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, carp, bowfin, as well as some species of catfish. In recent years overfishing has caused a decline in lake trout which ultimately caused an increase in the alewife population. As a result, coho and chinook salmon were introduced as a predator of alewives to decrease the alewife population. Lake Michigan is now being stocked with several species of fish. However, several invader species introduced, such as lampreys, threaten the vitality of fish populations.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sure...they're in there. But, I don't think that there are enough for someone to specifically target them. I've seen them swimming around at Montrose when I was fishing for perch...smaller ones though. The thing is that if you do target catfish, you will most likely end up with gobies or maybe carp. There are better places to target catfish other than Lake Michigan IMHO.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks phil.

We'll be at Belmont or Diversey

yeaah i know but any fish over a pound will make my girlfriend happy. I'm taking her to Lake michigan cause she likes catfish in there and i know if there aint any cats hopefully a carp will bite? any suggestions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.