Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ten this morning at fox river these are high lite fish. I threw a micro rattle trap and was getting hits in crawfish color then I locked into a decent fish on ultra lite 4 lb test …. The knot did not hold so I lost him. Was in
Middle of river so had to walk back to shore . I put on a 1/8 ounce rooster tail and went back to spot , I nailed a little on then 5 min later I locked into the fish I lost 20 min earlier and my rooster tail hooked on the ring on top of the rattle trap which was still in his mouth. Got my lure back. I never ever experienced something like that before!!! Also the mule donkey plastic rocks and I locked into a channel cat on that lure . What a battle… I lifted out of water and line snapped. Interesting morning for sure . The big one hit a small spuinerbsit swim bait combo I got at Meyer on fire tiger I lost that lure later . Spinner bait with plastic like beetle spin or a swim bait work well!!!
Water Grass Tree Fish Plant
Water Snout Tail Fish Ray-finned fish
Smile Fisherman Fish Fishing Ray-finned fish
Water Fish Marine biology Tail Art
Water Fish Marine biology Tail Art

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Nice!

Your last thread came and went here. Then it came back. Then disappeared again. This site has some kind of ghost or gremlin at work here. I'm sticking with hobgoblin. :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!

Your last thread came and went here. Then it came back. Then disappeared again. This site has some kind of ghost or gremlin at work here. I'm sticking with hobgoblin. :eek:
Yes I don’t know what happened .The hobglobin freaking me out for sure lol!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Cool story about recovering your lure. With your use of 4# line what are you trying to target on the Fox? With exception of trout up here and I use 4# as well, pretty much everything is 8# or much heavier on fast rivers. Just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool story about recovering your lure. With your use of 4# line what are you trying to target on the Fox? With exception of trout up here and I use 4# as well, pretty much everything is 8# or much heavier on fast rivers. Just curious. Thanks
I been into bfs fishing this year and targeting smallmouth . I have downsized my lures this year with much success . I don’t agree you need 8lb and up in a shallow river unless you have heavy brush and wood . One of my set ups has 16 lb varivus braid which is thinner than 8 lb power pro . Im
Throwing 1/16 - 1/4 ounce lures max . I have over 300 fish this year of various sizes and many solid sizes . Heavy pressure waters downsizing helps.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
UL rocks! Great post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts