Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out from 3:30pm-4:15pm, took me forever to get there had to take a crazy detour because of the construction. Air temp was 40 degrees, so the water was like liquid nitrogen.. lol

It was good to see my child-hood fishin' pond, and toothdoc you were right it is much different. They don't allow you to fish the entire northern half?! There's some deeper water over there on the north western tip where my friend pulled a 6lber out in cold weather in march. All of the "structure" we dumped in there and some rock piles that were there were definitely cleared out too. It amazes me how they knocked down all those giant trees around the lake...

well...

I tried fishin' a texas rigged 4" zoom finesse worm, and as I predicted got the skunkeroo. I saw some somethin' comin up to the surface though, and when I ran over to it there was of course nothing there... Oh well, it still felt great to get out on the water after finishin a giant research paper due earlier today.

:D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
You found out that much of the pond is no longer fishable. There are basically 3 spots to fish. One on the west side, one on the east side and one on the south end. I have had the most luck on the east side, standing as far north as you can and then casting northwest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts