Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Angler911.com

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  JDSPINNERS 
#1 ·
Disclaimer: Unlike today's youth, I am NOT advertising for another fishing forum, nor making you join it! :lol: :lol:

For those whom it may concern, and to those fisherperson's who have browsed through this website before,

Brent Beckwith (the Catman) asked for me to re-design one of his websites a few weeks ago. He wanted me to also do the W.O.W Ice Benefit site but I guess he wanted someone different to do that one.

I got crackin' on A911 last weekend and was really crackin' on it all day today.

This was a goodwill project and I did not mind at all - for good reasons too.

http://www.angler911.com/

The homepage is a little "BLEH" because the content is kinda old and not fresh. It definitely needs added character. As for everything else, I am pleased by the way it's looking.

Let me know what you guys think. I already ran it by the boss and e-mailed him but I haven't heard yet.

He will flip out in excitement, I'm sure. :)

See less See more
#5 ·
I think it looks real good, Andrew!

My only suggestion would be to perhaps emphasize the fact that it is a cancer charity site. A ribbon or something in the header to balance it out a little.

But it look great dude. Nice job!

and George... I had nothing to do with it - Andrew made that site.

and Ghost... It's cool to post about that site. It is a charity site after all.

#7 ·
George W said:
nice Job Jason!

WCF Looks Great keep up the great work
HA HA HA HA :| ok?

Ghost and George of the Great Adept People, HUGE difference between a charity website, and a fishing forum. Sadly, I doubt either of you took the time to browse through the content.

A local non-profit organization like this makes us realize how blessed and privileged we are compared to some unlucky individuals. Give back a few, and maybe appreciate it? Alright? Seriously.

Thanks for the words and idea Jason. Definitely a thought.

#8 ·
Andrew
I think its great, very clean and crisp we can continue to tweak it. Maybe look at a couple of the suggestions and see what we can include. I'm not going to start an arguement here on WCF but guys before you start knocking someone, please look into the content. It doesn't matter weather you care for me or anyone else involved.please keep an open mind to the big picture.

Brent

#10 ·
nice and clean! good looking site andrew.

the only suggestions i would make are to change the cursive font headers. i'd stick with the same font in the text body or another font that's not so "standard" looking.

and maybe to try out other color schemes. the black/charcoal is a bit dark and heavy for a charity site. perhaps a color that exudes urgancy and seriousness of the organization. burgandy/wine or a maybe a dark blue to "tone it up" from the black.

and the logo needs some work. that font is mistral which is one of the most depised fonts in the graphics world and not to mention one of the most difficult to read.

please don't take my suggestions the wrong way. you did one heckuva job with angler911. i've worked with brent on wow and andrea lynn so i thought i'd pitch in. let me know if i can help out with any graphics stuff. i'm more than happy to help brent out with his charity work.

#11 ·
Thanks Augy.

The color is actually a light navy blue/ purple-ish. Color might just look different for everyone depending on what graphics/ color settings the computer has.

The logo isn't even mine. :lol: It's the same one from the old site. I'm not much when it comes to making logos. I suck at it.

Yeah, Brent mentioned to me on the phone a few weeks ago that you have helped him out. If I need anything, I'll let you know for-sure. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.