Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
><> Hello WCF Anglers!!! Went out to Woods Creek Lake (aka Lake in the Hills) again from 0530-0930 to compare the jig n craw and wacky rigged senko. The short of it, they both caught nearly an equal amount of fish (8 on the jig n craw and 6 on the wacky rigged senko). I lost one jig n craw after it got hung up on a tree limb (too deep to reach down to unhook it) and went through 3 senkos after the bass tore them up, despite using an O-ring. Had to change my hook once while wacky rigging because the weed gaurd was completely useless by the 3rd bass. So, all in all, the cost to fish with each presentation is about equal as well. What I really liked about the jig n craw in comparison to the wacky rig is that 2 of the 8 fish I caught came while swimming it back to the yak for another flip. Very unexpected and REALLY aggressive on the strike. While all the fish were under 15", I was pleasantly surprised to boat a 14" bronze back!!! WHERE DID HE COME FROM??? I'm not suggesting they're not in here cause obviously I caught one, but I've fished this lake for approximately 10 years and have never caught one or heard of anyone catching one...lol I actually got it on video too!!! So, here is the SMB as proof they exist in Woods Creek Lake. As for the comparison, I'll be sure to switch to the wacky rig when the jig n craw simply isn't working. God bless and good fishing!!! <><

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Save one i know of a few Smallies that made there way down to Lith from Lake Geneva, amazing they can swim downstream so far :wink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
coyote said:
Save one i know of a few Smallies that made there way down to Lith from Lake Geneva, amazing they can swim downstream so far :wink:
What's this story? Did you transport lake geneva smallies and introduce them into Lake in the Hills?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I grew up fishing lake in the Hills lake caught a lot of fish on it one of my friends caught a 6 1/2 pound smallmouth there this is back in the early 80 s also caught a lot of big crappy I mean a lot of them one night me and my old friend
Filled up a 5 gallon bucket of them had a lot of good times on that lake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts