Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I use to see guys fish for them down stream about 100 yards from the wwd at the Pool by the bridge, I've heard of some getting caught earlier this year.

Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw the smaller suckers the last time I was there, but I'm lookin for the big commons to do battle with. I didnt see any carp when I was there, but that was about 5 weeks ago. I have never been there in the summer

·
Registered
122 Posts
Down the creek there are usually plenty of carp, but there haven't been too many around the grate since it started spewing out black crap. Once the ice disappears, try hitting up the south pool basically anywhere except for the old boat dock :wink:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Theres a spot on the NSC about a 1/8th mile north of Howard, right by Howard and McCormick, if you ever get over that way. Lots of carp! You can either park at Howard/ McCormick (there are a few parking spots there by the bike path) and walk north on McCormick to the side that the discharge is on, or you can come in from the other side by the Jewel.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Sometimes in winter you see some mammoths cruising around by the wwd. ALSo right below the grates there when the sun is shinning you can usually see about 5 of them taking up space from wall to wall, which shows that some of those fish under there are stuck in there permanently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.