Chicago Fishing Forum banner

any help will be appreciated

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  WrenchingnFishing 
#1 ·
does anyone know if you can get on pistakkee yet from oak park i know you can by 134 but that is a walk and would like to find deeper water.

#2 ·
Yesterday there was open water out by the ramp where you get on the ice VERY thin. I didnt see anyone out there yesterday nor did i venture out as it looked very unsafe. With last nights signal temps it should be safe to head out today but take caution if you head out.

#6 ·
last year it was 3, i believe this year it went up acording to the sign in the window. Just stop in thew bar before you leave if its closed when you get there. Great People in there. Be Safe and PLEASE do not go out alone!!! its still a little too early after the thaw out to be on the deep hole. Me, Legend, Bossman, Rapman,ChgonForcer, and etc...... were out there satu8rday with 2.5 to 3 inches//// with that rain n warm weather, It opened up man! give it another week of cold nights for 2-3 inches of ice... Me and Kool-Aid n Rob Busse went out sunday to Fox Lake and it 1 walleye and 2 white bass. the one walleye was 20-21 inches... released ofcourse ;) But be careful. if you need someone to hit the ice with. Post a posts asking if anyone wants to team up for ice. 2 BRIANS r' Better than 1'. Be Safe and dont be stupid. those channels change the ice alll the time. high current to low current F**ks witgh it! Be Careful and be safe! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

#8 ·
dont go out too deep as of yesterday the ice out on pistakee was not safe according to guys that had tried to walk out i will 100percent guarantee by the weekend everything will be frozen over as of the deep water try to stay away from the chanel that leads to the bay thats the current from the fox coming through and according to reports the deep water has some pretty unsafe ice

#9 ·
wolfriverfisher15 said:
dont go out too deep as of yesterday the ice out on pistakee was not safe according to guys that had tried to walk out i will 100percent guarantee by the weekend everything will be frozen over as of the deep water try to stay away from the chanel that leads to the bay thats the current from the fox coming through and according to reports the deep water has some pretty unsafe ice
Better to be safe than sorry, we had a 3 wheeler out there on 3-4 inches of ice on saturday with 2 full gorwn men o it and easily over 130lbs of gears tied on the end, i give it until tomorrow until be good again ;) But always take caution. I got scared and told our buddy on the 3 wheeler are you crazzy!!!!! and his repsonse was "Im not afraid to die!!!!!"" LMFAO. Be safe and do not be stupid!!! Take care and be safe, tomorrow should be good for ya guys with this weather ;)

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.