Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me my bro r on bradley bourbonnais bass team and r doing a tournament for lake lasalle soon and wondering if u guys can give us some point outs and tips
thanks
go catch them hawgs

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well, we see the kind of toads you land on these ponds, hope you can do it at Lasalle, only been there once, cant give you much info but ya dude good luck hope to see you down in state. talk to fishnmatt he caught a 6lber down there already this year!
-Creighton

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
I have had some success, but I am more of one trip a year guy so I am not sure if it would translate to when you guys fish. For me its pretty simple. For largemouth and smallmouth I try to stay in 60-70 degree water. The colder water is hit or miss and the warm water has too many dink cats. I just keep the boat parralel to the rocks and make long casts. I think the biggest tip I can give you is not be afraid to fish a little bit of the rocks. In some spots the rocks only come out about 5 feet, but in some areas they come out 15-20 feet. Most guys concentrate to close to the riprap and they miss the fish that are hanging out on the deeper lip. By keeping the boat up close and making long casts you can cover not only the immediate shoreline, but also the areas farther off the bank. My ticket this year was a Gulp Shad on a 1/16 ounce Gamagastu jighead. The bait can be worked aggresively like an X-Rap or it can be used like a jig just slowing bouncing or crawling it over the rocks. I'm not sure if this pattern will play out but its a good alternative as I assume most of the guys will be casting cranks and getting mostly smaller, more aggressive fish.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i wish i had fishing in high school, must be nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.