Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go to Geneva this Saturday with my family and there will be a two hour break for lunch. If someone can share a spot for me to fish while my kids and wife can enjoy a picnic lunch, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You'll have lots of company in that area but there is a play ground, picnic tables at the park and is kept up nicely. there is several blocks of shore access. Parking is just west of Rt 25 north of 38 by the bike shop.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
With the water level the way it is, you'll want to fish extremely tight to the shore. It's actually a wall for quite a ways. The closer to the wall the better.

East side from the 38 bridge to the tracks and all the way down past the crap plant to the little creek/ditch. That will all make sense when you see it.

South of the tracks you'll be basically dropping a lure into dead spots behind trees, rocks and concrete that line the shore. Don't even bother casting.

The river is flowing right now at 5240 cfs. I don't see it dropping that fast before the weekend, so Geneva is perfect for this kind of high, fast and muddy fishing.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Smallies is what I target but I have caught crappies, white bass, gills, walleye, large mouth, Flat heads, channels, commons, and quill backs.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ken G said:
With the water level the way it is, you'll want to fish extremely tight to the shore. It's actually a wall for quite a ways. The closer to the wall the better.
East side from the 38 bridge to the tracks and all the way down past the crap plant to the little creek/ditch. That will all make sense when you see it.
Do you ever smallie fish the cut-in on the east side of the park? I used to fish the mini cove outside Mill Race Inn, but they put up a no fishing sign. (It's a shame, I always caught a few largemouth in there). I guess I'm trying to find other places out of the rapids. It's been a few years, but I might have to buy another kayak.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm land locked. Back in early May someone put up a green no fishing sign in the little garden between the bike path bridge and the restaurant. So I went down by the crapworks and got two 16" smallies and a 12" (large)mouth. All on spinner bait. It's good to have bass thumb again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.