Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ken G said:
With the water level the way it is, you'll want to fish extremely tight to the shore. It's actually a wall for quite a ways. The closer to the wall the better.
East side from the 38 bridge to the tracks and all the way down past the crap plant to the little creek/ditch. That will all make sense when you see it.
Do you ever smallie fish the cut-in on the east side of the park? I used to fish the mini cove outside Mill Race Inn, but they put up a no fishing sign. (It's a shame, I always caught a few largemouth in there). I guess I'm trying to find other places out of the rapids. It's been a few years, but I might have to buy another kayak.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm land locked. Back in early May someone put up a green no fishing sign in the little garden between the bike path bridge and the restaurant. So I went down by the crapworks and got two 16" smallies and a 12" (large)mouth. All on spinner bait. It's good to have bass thumb again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.