Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished there a couple of times last summer and I caught a small bluegill and a small crappie oh and I seen some guys pull out a couple of nice size channel cats.

I just want to know how is the fishing there after they stock it in the spring?

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Let me preface this by saying that I have not personally fished the Gompers Park lagoon. However, I am quite familiar with it through others.

Yes, it does get stocked, usually with catfish and bluegill. There are some bass in there but they can be pretty reclusive and are aware of all the pressure.

If you are looking for some bass there, my advice would be to fish during "non-peak" hours. Weekends can have lots of bobber and worm fishermen lots of kids running around, and lots of commotion that make bass angling tough. But if you can get out during the weekdays, especially early or late, and work some of those weedy areas with classic bass patterns, you might be surprised.

Let us know how you do there. If it's near to you, give it some chances for sure.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
it is what it is.

a very small lagoon in a very urban area.

that translates into a ton of pressure, guys with strings on popcans, and bobber fishing galore.

it does get stocked though with cats periodically... i'd guess - be there after a stocking and you can catch some cats, but im pretty sure most get pulled out really quickly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.