Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished this Lake when I was a little kid through my teens... Is anyone Ice fishing this lake? If I recall correctly, you cannot use minnows and it costs like $6 bucks to fish... Is this still accurate and does it apply to ice fishing as well? I have seen the posts here that this lake still has some decent fish in it... Thanks for any info... - BPM

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i live on lake opeka... i fish it everyday in the spring. ice fishing hasnt been allowed for probably over ten years now... sorryy i would loveee to ice fish it however. good luck and i would deff fish it in the spring however, outstanding fishing.

553 Posts
><)))°> kid14 said:
outstanding fishing.
Hey bro, I've been trying to find you in the hallways of Maine West. 8) I think I saw you once, but I'm not sure. My question is, what's the deal with Opeka? :?: I understand that you have to pay to fish there, and if so where do you purchase a full season pass? :?: One more thing, do you think that the lake is worth it and does it produce a lot of fish for you? :?: I'll be looking forward to your answer. Later. :) :wink:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yes, residents pay about $15 a year, non-residents about $50 a year. If you're under 15 I think it is free, but am not sure. Launching a boat is $10 a pop or $40-50 a season with limited open times (after 11am and closes before 8pm - basically it sucks!) BUT, there are decent ffish in there and fiskid and I have both pulled out some real beauties, mainly LMB's. Best fishing is the west side but that is closed to fishing because of the golf course. Best fishing is from the boat and there are a bunch of good spots to work, especially if the water is at its normal level.

This past season sucked for me, but fiskid had a great year there. I didn't get out much and really didn't have time to work the lake like he has. It is definately worth the $15 bucks if you live close by and can just drop by all the time. If you just gonna stop by once a week, then maybe a resident pass is good. If I were a non-resident I think I would pass it up unless I was gonna fish it all the time, and wanted to invest in launching a boat too. Given the cost of gas these days, maybe its not such a bad deal though...

jm2c

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
philospher why dont you just tell me who you are and what your grade your in. you dont even reply to my messages or anything i send you. lake opeka however is worth any penny and if your under 16 and live there its free. i dont even know who you are

553 Posts
><)))°> kid14 said:
philospher why dont you just tell me who you are and what your grade your in. you dont even reply to my messages or anything i send you. i dont even know who you are
I'm sorry bro, but that's incorrect. I replied to the private message that you sent me last week. Since than that's the only private message I ever got from you. Now, after this post I'm going to look like some kind of stalker. :shock: :? :x This is definitely a miscommunication. :oops: :? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.