Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to be there Thursday late-afternoon after class but it 'aint gonna be happening now.

Got a HUGE teleconference with Pro-Logic Fishing because they are interested in hiring me to design their specific USA fishing website and to do catalog work and other stuff.

Kinda interesting how we hooked up, and it wasn't even for this exact reason (wanted website sponsorship)... :lol:

http://www.prologicfishing.com/

I'm sitting at 50/50% with this. Either I get it or I won't. Details will be discussed on Thursday and if the price is right and if it works well alongside of school studies, my freelance web design, and personal fishing time, I will be accepting. It is extremely exciting to even be considered!

Anyways, moving onward with this post, who will be attending the show?

I was looking forward to meeting up with James and Creighton on Thurs. but it won't be happening now. I'm bummed. However, I'm poor from the Musky show and got this important conference call, so that takes care of that.....

What's your status?

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I too was hoping to go during the weekdays but it looks like it's not possible.

So I will be there with the masses on Saturday afternoon. Probably 1-2pm and for a few hours.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I plan on going Wednesday afternoon. For anyone that plans on going during the week, there is a coupon in the Sun Times that gets you into the show and parking for half price. :wink:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Spending the evening in Rosemont.

Taking the kids to the O'hare show Saturday from 4-6pm.

Then we have tickets for the Wolves game at 7pm!

Looking for nothing specific at the Outdoor show.
See whats new and check out the resorts.

But I would like to see the new fiberglass Lunds..

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Well I went this afternoon and spent about 2 hours there. I found it hard to even spend that much time there. IMO, it was a disappointment. Much smaller and less fishing exhibitors than past years. GLoomis and St. Croix were absent this year, along with a number of others. There was a lot of junk being sold. I did pick up a few lures, but that was it. By the time that you pay to get in and parking any bargains are not worth it. I heard that this might be the last year for the show at Rosemont. One of the exhibitors told me that they wanted to move it to McCormick next year. :cry:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
noo loomis? :shock: :( :( ahh whatever i am getting dropped off there so i will check it out in hope that i think its a little better than what you saw out of it? sorry about that Tim, but thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been stalking a Shimano Compre or St. Croix ultra light spinning rod. Are there deals to be had? I guess when you figure in parking and admission, I might as well just go Cabela or BPS.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've been stalking a Shimano Compre or St. Croix ultra light spinning rod. Are there deals to be had? I guess when you figure in parking and admission, I might as well just go Cabela or BPS.
HORN, if you are looking for a st croix UL, i would highly recommend you checking into the Falcon Rods. Falcons too are made in America just like ST. Croix. Falcons also for the american made quality are much cheaper, their ULs run MSRP of 60 bucks compared to 100 bucks for a croix. i personally have a falcon equipped with a croix UL fishing reel :D great combo for about 100 bucks, if you disagree with anything i said, disregard this message, just thought it would be of help. good luck with whatever you choose
-creighton

·
Registered
421 Posts
You guys looking for a deal on rods and reels should go see John at Lee's tackle he'll order you what you want and probably give you the best deal around. Just my thoughts thats what I do when I need something special.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Toothdoc wrote:
Well I went this afternoon and spent about 2 hours there. I found it hard to even spend that much time there. IMO, it was a disappointment. Much smaller and less fishing exhibitors than past years. GLoomis and St. Croix were absent this year, along with a number of others. There was a lot of junk being sold. I did pick up a few lures, but that was it. By the time that you pay to get in and parking any bargains are not worth it. I heard that this might be the last year for the show at Rosemont. One of the exhibitors told me that they wanted to move it to McCormick next year.
I went last year and it was a big disapointment compaired to years before. The 2006 show was big I went there looking for a boat it was a great place to compare all the different fishing boats in one place. I actually got a lead on a 1yr old used boat there that I ended up buying. Went last year only a few boats and half the fishing exhibitors with a lot of big names pulled out. The only good thing was if you were looking for a trip they still had most resort owners there.

Hope they get it fixed next year, it used to be a good show.

NPIKE

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.