Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever been to that cemetery St. Casmir on 111th and Cicero by the subway in alsip or mt. g-wood. There is a small lake in there with huge bass. I know a guy who fished there once and got 20 bass in one day. No lie. Big bass to. But the lake is very poliuted and has coy in it. Cant be much worse than busse lake or the WWD. Let me know if u have ever been there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
I have not been to that one, But I have fished many other cemetary ponds. I don't think it's right to do so, but if there is no signs. Then hell yea I would fish it! I also fish Chandlers Golf Course in Schaumburg. My place backs up to the golf course and I just go out there at night and catch some decent bass. Plus a couple cuties work there during the day that I always flirt with :lol: LOL they drive the beer kart. :D but most Cemetary ponds can hold some nice fish. Although I hate cemetarys... Usually they hold nice fish because they are untouched waters. The Pond/Lake I am fishing right now is an old Farm Pond basically and it's a hike into the woods a little bit. Some people fish it, but not many, and it has some decent fish as you might have noticed in the pics. Well, its time for me to go fish! :D 4 hours of sleep and im back at it again... 8)

Dave

Just Make sure there are no signs... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stevol82 said:
i drive past that everyday..... where is the small lake in the cemetary? is it towards cicero or 111th?
when going south on on cicero make a left on 111th where the welcome to oak lawn sign is by the subway. When you make a left St. Casmir cemetry is on the left. Go down till you see the first gated entrance on ur left. Enter there and keep left on all the roads. Look it up on google earth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i no for a fact there are fish in it. My buddy has a pic of a huge koi he caught. And a small bass. He says there in there top water is the way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
fishinnut28 said:
Stevol82 said:
i drive past that everyday..... where is the small lake in the cemetary? is it towards cicero or 111th?
when going south on on cicero make a left on 111th where the welcome to oak lawn sign is by the subway. When you make a left St. Casmir cemetry is on the left. Go down till you see the first gated entrance on ur left. Enter there and keep left on all the roads. Look it up on google earth.
just checked it out on google earth... both those ponds look nice, can't believe i've never heard of them before
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,873 Posts
why do cemetaries have fences ?
Nobody on the inside can get out and nobody on the outside wants to get in :? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Culprit said:
why do cemetaries have fences ?
Nobody on the inside can get out and nobody on the outside wants to get in :? lol
LOL, Thats a good one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stevol82 said:
fishinnut28 said:
Stevol82 said:
i drive past that everyday..... where is the small lake in the cemetary? is it towards cicero or 111th?
when going south on on cicero make a left on 111th where the welcome to oak lawn sign is by the subway. When you make a left St. Casmir cemetry is on the left. Go down till you see the first gated entrance on ur left. Enter there and keep left on all the roads. Look it up on google earth.
just checked it out on google earth... both those ponds look nice, can't believe i've never heard of them before
u sure ive never heard of them being there
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top