Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the apple river a couple weeks ago. Didnt get to fish much just a couple hours ended up with 4 smallies none of any size and a sucker. Did get some nice pictures. I am planning on heading back in a couple weeks. Anyone else ever been the the apple river, it is very beautiful doesnt even seem like it is in Illinois.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It is a beautiful place in our state for sure. Great river to wade fish, or float a small craft on. Lots of smallies throughout, and if you hit it right, trout are stocked early in the spring by the DNR.

I need to get back out there, just wish the state park had showers. Because the river won't get off all the funk after a few days- :shock:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the opportunity to fish the Apple River just a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome!!
Me and my brother parked at the state park and just walked down the river. Found a secluded spot with a deeper pool and we each caught about 4-5 smallies in an hour. He also caught a small sucker.
The view was unreal, the surroundings were so peaceful and walking in the river to find spots to catch fish was awesome.
I definitely hope I have an opportunity to do again, well worth it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The Apple is a beautiful river and loaded with smallies. You may want to get up soon though, the IDOA approved the Mega dairy earlier this year. The location of the farm, along with the "holding lagoons" for the waste of 4500 head of cattle, is at the head of three pristine tributaries, including the Apple.

The fall is a amazing time to visit Jo Davis Co. and the Apple. Get off the beaten path and you'll be rewarded with some of the scenic country and untouched fishing ILL has to offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.