Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at axehead for about two hours. no bites. had a rainbow chase my texas rig and saw one bass that may have been going into prespawn. didn't see anyone else catching anything either. if that bass was going into prespawn though, it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
The Axehead spawn is one of the best times to fish that lake. The fish sit on beds 5 feet from shore(mostly on the north west side) and it's a blast flipping/pitching a bait on their beds :mrgreen:
and watching them knock the crap out of it. Black and red Zoom Shakey Heads on beds
was my ticket last year :wink: The key was to get your bait on the "Sweet Spot" of the bed...that just pisses them off.....lol

Last years report: 2008
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5073&p=43289#p43289

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
BassCaster said:
The key was to get your bait on the "Sweet Spot" of the bed...that just pisses them off.....lol
You are right about that! :D I like to picture the circular Spawning bed as a Triangle on it. 1 of those 3 corners on the bed is where he will hammer it. Be fast because you only have a second till she spits it off her bed. Reading that got me pumped for some bed fishin' :p :lol: I can't wait!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.