Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and a couple of friends went out on saturday. my girl took a couple of nice fish including this 3 pounder on a lipless. She kicked our butts that day.

her sister had one on a different color

and my buddy max caught this wierd hump back type bass. whats up with that?

all of the fish above where taken on lipless cranks and i finally scored one on my jig. I don't care how small it is. i worked hard for the little guy!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have only fished this water once before like 6 years ago and vowed never to come back due to lack of choice spots i would have liked to fish. im a little wiser now. I know some of you guys are like me and push through brush and what not to find that perfect honey hole. i just didn't feel like doing it with 4 poeple.

also, cubby im sure there's probably an abundancy of nice fish here. the best part about it is there just so darn protected from anglers, a place like this will never get fished out.

#1cubsfan said:
sean caught one last year exactly like that about the same size too.
oh wait, did you mean the hump back or the 3 pounder?
and i should mention all fish were released. :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
the hump back i was talking about.
i know there are good fish to be had there last year a 7.5 lber was pulled out of the lagoons and last year , four of us went out on a sunday morning and managed about 30 bass, 1 crappie, and a nice cat all in about 4 hours time, but all fish were caught from boat where you cant get to from shore. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya when I looked at the layout and drove up and down I was licking my chops thinkin if i had a boat sensory overload would be the only factor between me and some nice fish. there is so much cover I would love to fish there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dude, that's an awesome post! I love days when you can do no wrong and whack em like that. and ya, what's up with the hump back? cabelas has a humpback similar in there fish tank. poor guy looks like the unhappiest fish in there. all the other fish don't hang out by him because he's different. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.