Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just wondering if these would be good to use at "the axe"?
This is my small inline spinner was wondering if it would be good?
Sorry cant get pic of it...........

I got this zoom swim bait was wondering how to work it in the water and if it would be good?

Also i got these things how do you work them in the water?

Click the bigger size image for them to see a better pic :D

PS. do trout have teeth?lol

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The Zoom Flukes are good, You can rig them weedless with a 2/0 or 3/0 worm hook, you can add to the front of it a small split bullet weight that does not slip to get it down deep, There is a few different ways to work the bait. One way is to fish it weightless like a twitch, twitch, twitch pause pattern, let it fall. Almost like an injured baitfish. Another way that has produced for me is to work it in deeper water with a wieghted Worm wide gap 3/0 and let it hit bottom or a Split Bullet Weight, just twitch it off the bottom really small taps and pause for 5-10 seconds, then repeat. This will make it look like a baitfish feeding off the bottom. Most bass will be tuck to the bottom, especially with this cold weather. You can also rig them with a jig and swim the bait but make sure you use some Pauses in between swimming the bait as the bass tend to hit at the pause when it falls or right after the pause when you get it swimming again.

My buddy got this bass Sunday Night on a Fluke, He was using a different style Jig with it that I can not release info about. LOL It is one of his new favorite jigs now and he might get pissed if I post the Jig.

It's a bad pic as I just snapped the photo really fast as he was weighing her with the Boga Grips. He has the good pics on his Camera... 4lbs on a White Fluke.. He came in about 20-25 foot of water off the bottom. I hit one but he was only about 14 inches... The fluke is a great bait!

As for the Twister Tails. I'm not a big fan of them unless if im chasing crappies or smallies or walleye on the river systems as they are great to use in eddies, slack water, or current breaks from rocks, structure, and such. Hope that helps a bit. a Fluke is a Big Confidence bait for me, but there are many presentations that can be used.

Dave

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
jaypee the hhf said:
nice bass.

I like to rip the flukes fast then let fall...I twich the bait on the fall.
Yea, theres all different presentations. You just gotta find what works best ;) I usually change it up a little bit here and there to see which is producing the most strikes. :D

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.