Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit up the Axe yesterday after work. got there around 5:45pm and was a little worried because i saw black clouds and heard it was supposed to storm. I stuck with it though and just decided to pull out the old poncho just in case. I started by trying to make my way to what is referred to as "the point", but some family had already beat me to it. I walked to the other side of the orange fence but that was taken too. So i figure i would hit my usual spots. started off directly west of the point by a small group of trees hanging over the bank, but nothing. Moved around the shore every hour, taking time to pay my respects to the lost top half of my pole, hahaha. Finally about 7:45pm i made it to my spot by the pipes and low and behold around 8pm they started biting. Got two LMBs about 12inches each on a 4" Silver senko, Texas rigged. Second one damn near ripped the senko off. had to trash it cause it was destroyed.

The weather was beautiful, great night. damn shame that the FPs close right when it starts getting good lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.