Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems the axehead bass are now biting more than the trout. i've been pulling in 3-4 each time i go out there. All are on yum 4" tubes green pumpkin. All of them were between 11-13 inches.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Nice job, Tony. If you read my reports from last summer on the main Axehead Lake page (www.windycityfishing.com/axehead.htm) you'll see that I did real well on 3" Slug-Go's (another soft plastic stick-bait) twitched just above the weeds a few feet from shore.

As for the larger bass, they are harder to find, but finnessing them is the way to get them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a really slow day saturday only managed two fish a bullhead and a largemouth. There was tons of bass swimming all over the place. Texas rigs seem to be working the best. (slug-gos, senkos, lizards) I caught my largemouth on a zoom lizard.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Good fishing with ya Tony. Wish we had more fish to brag about. Fishing looked slow all the way around the whole lake so it wasn't just us. Perhaps with this colder weather the fishing will pick up again. I'll be at Axehead early tomorrow morning if you want to fish for an hour before you head off to work. I'm getting pressure from the in-laws to bring them more trout.

Now only if there's a spot for some steelhead this time of year.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
today was an o.k. day had 9 largemouths nothing really big the biggest maybe 13" at the most. I was using 4.5" slug-gos any colors will work I was killing them. There are some really big ones in there just have to be patient. I will be headed out there tomorrow morning. I will be there at 5:45 on the southwest side. Anyone feel like catching some largies. Maybe even pull some trout in too. I saw a whole bunch of huge trout jumping all over this morning. :lol:

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Nice job, Tony. That is the way to get the bass. Now... getting the BIG ones is another story on Axehead. Get to work my friend, and get those bigger bass out of that lake!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts