Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps in upper 50's, wnw winds 5-15mph, sunny. Fished from 5:45pm-7pm.

I wasn't the only one with the idea of wishing Axehead on it's first day of open water... ran into twoglasseyes, Islandfisher and Basscaster. Mostly, we were all just excited to be out fishing. But the fish did not cooperate at all. We were all using artificials - spinners, crankbaits, senko's, slug-go's, but drew the skunk.

But her, it really was awesome to be fishing and watch the sunset at Axehead again and good to run into other WCF members.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Well you guys obviously caught the skunk because of 2 reasons:

1) There are no fish at Axehead, or

2) You were using the wrong lures.

:lol:

Seriously, glad to see you were out. The fish will come around once the water warms. Ice out is a tough time to catch fish.

·
Registered
330 Posts
toothdoc said:
Well you guys obviously caught the skunk because of 2 reasons:

1) There are no fish at Axehead, or

2) You were using the wrong lures.

:lol:

Seriously, glad to see you were out. The fish will come around once the water warms. Ice out is a tough time to catch fish.
It was tough. Every time the lure got close to shore it would end up being covered with algae.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I would call today more like "Casting Practice" :lol:

Got my new revo S worked in. It's nice..smooth with the floro on it.

Windy today but as Jason said the first day , open water and a sunset
with mild temps is a good day for "Casting Practice" The fish will be there soon. LOTS of algae spiroh for sure.green slime.what time were you there?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Indeed a good day for casting practice. I got to try out a bunch of new lures that I bought over the winter. I should have used some of the tactics fishinmatt did when he went fishing today (http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1649).

P.S. I was there fishing with 2GE from 5:30 until sunset. We were set up on the north east corner hoping to take advantage of what is suppose to be the warmest part of the lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.