Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly sunny; fished from 7pm - 8:35pm; temps in the mid 80's; light NE winds diminishing to completely calm.

Met Dan (horn13), who reported a small largemouth bass on a soft plastic hellgrammite. He was kind enough to share a couple with me and I needed them.

Went with my trusty Slug-go's and nothing. Senko's nothing, Finally a very small bass at 8:12pm on a Slug-go and a couple more on more Slug-go's and the hellgrammite.

Beautiful evening but lousy fishing. Perhaps the day was just too hot and sunny.

·
Registered
218 Posts
As Jason said, hellgies were doing the trick for me. I finally got some action at Axehead. Two smallish Largemouths on hellgies and right before I left I got a hit that stripped the hellgie off the knot. I guess I better pay more attention to how I tie those things on. Wow it was like fishing a completely different lake. I don't know if just happened onto a bite or it was the new shipment from LunkerCity.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I think this heat is having an affect on the numbers......dog days of August are upon us shortly!

It still is nice to get on the water anytime ya can tho.

JB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.