Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the south pool just after 4:30 Weather was calm 40 degrees.
Tony and Eric were there. Augy and Big Al showed up a bit later. Fishing was good. At time were were all on fish one right after the other. Limited out by 7:00 then it just died after the sun was up. Place was Packed!!!!!!!

Here are a few pic's

Lunch and Dinner :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Those look like pretty good-sized stocked trout! I used to do the trout opener every year at belleau, and I can't recall them being that fat. Who knows, different stocking batches, or maybe a different vendor with bigger average fish? Either way, that'll be some good eatin'. Good job!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice catches. I got there around 4:45, I got two nice fish (ill post soon hopefully) around 530 and then it went dead. Was fishing the NW side of the lake by the porta john because I saw some fish surface there after getting out of my car [and not because I drank so much coffee and needed the porta john close]. There were people around me from 5 am on and I ddidn't see anyone get more than one, and I didnt see any fish landed after 6:30. Was suprised to see a lot of people casting spinners and jigs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was thinking about going back tommorow and trying to bag a few before the weather gets to bad. Is entry into the park not permited until a certain time? And if the gate is closed can I just park on the shoulder and walk?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Nice, those look like the same size they were catching at Coleta. And most everyone was commenting about the good size of them there too.

Unfortunately, we were skunked. Threw spinners, powerbait, cheese and corn- not even a freakin bite. DNR guy said they stocked 5500 in the 3 ponds there... but there were very few that we saw that took the 5 limit home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.