Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windy , cold , muddy water but I took a shot at the local pond and nailed a 14 inch near the shore line then opposite direction nailed my fish of the year , a 21.5 inch maybe 6 lb monster as the chatterbait continues to produce for me in black and blue flake . 117 bass for the year !
Grass Fish Tail Grassland Sky

Arthropod Insect Pollinator Grass Finger

Fish Fisherman Grass Fishing Recreational fishing

Tartan Beard Fisherman Fish Plaid

Tartan Fisherman Beard Fish Fishing

Tartan Beard Fish Fisherman Plaid

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! Do you actually use a spincast for bass?
There was a time thats all i used . I had different set ups for different things . All higher end ones . I use all three types of reels now . At any given time I may have a spincast , spinning , or baitcaster and alternating between the three. I still love a good quality spincast reel especially on windy days , or if im hike thru heavy brush to get to a spot with overhang trees etc. They have a place for yhe advid angler not just beginner and everyone should have one good quality spincast reel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 4 of them on my favorite crappie rods. Just built three custom 6' casting rods for two of my nieces and a nephew. They rigged them out with some nice spincasters. They send pics like some of yours with the big bass frequently. So far they have caught dozens of redfish and speckled trout on these combos. Some of these reds exceed 15 pounds.
Nice, I been eyeballing that zebco bullett but i have enough reels lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts