Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...today was my first day there and I have to say that it's a very nice lake. It's much bigger than I expected. So, I fished from about 3:30-6. First hour, I stayed in a spot close to the parking lot and only got one bite. I wasn't paying attention and after I had casted my plastic worm, I forgot the spool open. When I closed it, a fished had been running with my lure already and by the time I set the hook it was too late. Anyways, after fishing at my first spot for about an hour, I decided to try somewhere else. I headed over to the first pier (you can see it from krnfishboy7786's post). There's some guy standing on it and I figured that we could both fish the same pier. Not according to him, because he's like "you're not fishing here" and I'm like why not? He says, "you have the whole F'in lake to fish, that's why not"! I felt like knocking that guy in the water right there. So, me and my friend leave. We go to the next pier and he's glaring at us. While I was setting up my rod, I looked up at him and he starts screaming, "what, you want to fight"? I'm like no. Then, he's like why don't you come over here and fight me you *****. I had had it. I left. As I was leaving, he just continued to scream, "come back here or I'll have to just come over there". Then he's like, "oh, wait up for me, I'll be right there". He didn't end up following me and I'm glad he didn't because he would have been sorry that he did. So anyways, has this ever happened to anyone there and what should I do if it happens again? That idiot really pissed me off and I just wanted to get out of there. Next time, if it does ever happen again, he better keep his mouth shut or I'm calling the cops.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Phil, it's really a shame there are such jerks out there. I wouldn't have done anything differently if I were you. Whenever I approach a spot that's already occupied, I always ask first if it's OK (just like you did). I've never had anyone say no, but if someone did, I'd just leave (again, just like you did). After all, no fish is worth getting into a fish over before it's even caught. Anyway, sounds like this person just had to get some steam out of his system. I'm glad he didn't follow you. Hope you don't ever have the same type of experience again.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey phil,
Dude.. sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at The Glen. If I knew this wouldda happened, I wouldda never told you to fish on that northern pier, haha. j/k but yeah bro I've never had an experience like that where someone flipped out because I approached the same pier that someone was already on. Haha, how old was the guy? He must've just been in one hell of a bad mood. Sall good though, I actually fished at The Glen this morning, hooked into my first 3lber of the summer (you can see it in the post below).

I say give the Glen another try, just watch out for that dude and make sure you flip the spool on your reel before that fish takes off again.

Good Fishin'

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
So YOU were the guy I almost beat up today! :D Just kidding. Phil, the guy was an asshole. Plain and simple. You being on the pier wasn't his problem, he has much bigger problems and took them out on you. You absolutely did the right thing.

That situation could have happened anywhere. Shrug it off, know you're a better man than he is, and go catch some big fish!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Phil,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience there. I have fished there quite a lot and have never run into anyone that acted like that idiot. If I do, he might end up going for a swim.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thats pretty messed up. I think I would have laughed at the guy. Sounds like a real moron, maybe he was gooped up on gop, or his old lady just left him. LOL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
you got a description of this guy? Age,race,height,physical despcription

that way we all can be on the lookout on this crazy guy

you should have called the police. Technically what he did to you was assault.

fuck that asshole :evil: no body should be bullied off a lake

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ditto ditto ditto. you did the right thing in avoiding that dickhead. karma baby...he'll get what he deserves soon enough.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ive learned from my experience when that guy stole the fish right outta my hand at axe head that here is a lot of crazy people out there and to watch out

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
That's why I'm glad I live in a state where concealed weapons are legal :D . Even with Mr. 9mm at my side walking away is the only way to go in that situation. That is the craziest story I have ever heard, but some how it doesn't surprize me at all. You did the correct thing and just steer clear of the pole smoker next time. Was he wearing a rainbow shirt? If so, he was most likey mad you weren't Jason. :D Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
roleplayaj1324 said:
ive learned from my experience when that guy stole the fish right outta my hand at axe head that here is a lot of crazy people out there and to watch out
I would like to hear this story LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts